Monday 11 May 2015

Make Up For Oily Skin

After clearing out my muji drawers recently, I realised I've gathered quite the collection of make up aimed at controlling my oily skin. Here are a few of my favourites...

This is the only setting spray I have tried so I can't compare it to any others, but it's become a staple in my make up routine. The formula aims to prevent make up from fading over the course of the day, while controlling oil and shine. I spray this all over my face in a criss cross style three or four times after applying my make up; it feels really light and refreshing on the skin and only takes a few seconds to dry. My make up still looks freshly applied, even after hours of wear and in warm weather too. I've had this bottle for almost a year and it's still going strong, I highly recommend investing in a bottle of this if you have oily skin.

This has to be one of my most loved and talked about products, it really is perfect skin in a tube! I'm a big fan of light formulas that offer buildable coverage when it comes to my choice of base, it blends seamlessly into the skin to even out imperfections, resulting in a dewy matte finish that lets my actual skin show through. The oil free formula keeps my complexion shine free and contains antioxidants that allow my congested skin to breathe. I have just purchased my fourth tube of this, no other moisture tint has impressed me as much as this one!

If you prefer a bit more coverage but without the cakeyness, you can't wrong with this foundation. The long wearing formula offers medium to full coverage that looks natural and stays fresh all day - I don't have to touch up my make up as often when I'm wearing this. When I really need my base to last this is what I always reach for as it let's my skin breathe while managing to keep my complexion looking fresh all day. The formula is oil free and non-comedogenic too so it won't clog your pores. 

Even though I mainly use this to cover the dark circles under my eyes, I also use this to mask any imperfections such as redness. I didn't give in to the hype when this was first released, but it really is as incredible as everyone says. The coverage is second to none but doesn't look heavy on the skin and lasts all day on my oily complexion. The doe applicator make touch ups effortless too, so it's a perfect handbag essential. 

Benefit POREfesional  (£9.99)
I got really excited when I spotted the mini version of this in Boots - not only is it super cute but the smaller tube makes it more handbag friendly and much more affordable to repurchase. This is my favourite primer for minimising the appearance of my pores; the pores on my nose are my biggest skin complaint, but a few dabs of this completely diminishes their appearance and smooths out my skin, whilst controlling oil and making my skin look flawless. It's a product I never leave the house without and is perfect for touch ups throughout the day. 

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light (£25)
This offering from Smashbox is the answer to all my primer needs! I've tried and tested several primers, but this is the one I always come back to. It's incredibly smoothing and only a pea sized amount is needed to create a smooth matte finish that lasts all day. The gel like texture feels cooling when applied and my complexion looks balanced and perfected. This is one of the best primers I've come across in terms of oil control and it keeps my make up looking fresher for longer.

Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot (£12)
An oil controlling powder is one of my most essential products and my make up never feels complete without a dusting of powder. This oil free powder works to remove excess oil and shine, leaving the skin looking beautifully matte and fresh. It's so light and feels weightless on the skin, so you don't have to worry about a chalky finish with this powder as it gives a smooth, natural finish. The price tag is also equally pleasing. 

Have you tried any of these products? What are your top make up picks for oily skin?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love S&G so I really need to try that powder!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Porefessional is one of my favorite primers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like using the S&G face powder, one of my favourtie primers is the Laura Mercier oil free one, have you tried it? It really sinks into the skin nicely and a great base for foundation.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a primer I keep meaning to try, but I haven't got around to it yet!

      Delete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig