Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Perfect Priming Duo for Oily Skin

Nothing makes your complexion look more flawless and perfected than a good primer. In the past few years I've tried and tested my fair share of them, but I've never found the perfect one that gives me the result I'm looking for. My skin type is combination/oily, so I need a primer that will control oil and shine, blur the appearance of my enlarged pores and even out the texture of my skin. I've read numerous blog posts about using more than one primer to get the most out of your make up  and achieve your desired result, and lately I have discovered two that work really well together to give me the complexion I've alway dreamed of.

I start by applying the MAC Prep+Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment (£16), a light oil free primer which works to control excess sebum and shine, while also minimising the appearance of pores. This is a product I've not read much about in the beauty blogging world, which is surprising as this is the only primer I've come across that controls oil and shine all day. My make up always seems to slide off my nose and forehead after a few hours, but this really helps my foundation stay on for longer and keeps my make up looking fresh. Most oil controlling primers I've used only manage to keep shine at bay for a few hours and my skin starts to feel yucky, but this keeps my t-zone shine free and my skin feeling comfortable all day. A pea sized amount is all that's needed; I love how cooling it feels once applied and it instantly creates a natural looking matte finish.


I then follow this with the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfect Touch (£26) which aims to perfect the complexion and prolong make up wear. I always remember how impressed I was the first time I used this; it glides onto the skin beautifully and instantly makes a noticeable difference to my complexion, blurring all imperfections and oversized pores. On a good skin day I could easily wear this alone with a touch of concealer to cover my dark circles as it leaves my skin looking incredibly smooth and so flawless. I apply a small amount of this all over my face; it has a very natural, mattifying finish but doesn't look chalky. It works really well to neutralise redness too which is never really an issue I have with my skin, but if I have a breakout I feel comfortable knowing that I have a pot of this in my make up stash for emergencies.


Do you use primers?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love your new blog design Natalie and nice to see you on Twitter :)
    Have you tried the Laura Mercier Oil free primer? I was planning to pick that up but the MAC prep and prime sounds really good for oily skin!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was really unhappy with the old one design, but I'm so happy with this one.

      I've not tried the Laura Mercier primer, I want to though but I've read mixed reviews!

      Delete
  2. Ooh the Clarins primer sounds good, I haven't tried much from Clarins x
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. lovely blog post had a great read :)

    love your blog :)

    new post --> http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to see a comment


    have a nice day

    Jade

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig