Saturday 26 July 2014

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion


The Body Shop is one of those stores that when I go in to repurchase  something, I end up leaving with new skin care products that I never planned on buying. On my last visit, I was drawn to the brands Vitamin C Microdermabrasion (£14) as the packaging reminded me a little of the Origins GinZing range (which I'm a huge fan of). Being a girl with oily skin also means my complexion can often look a little dull and lifeless too, so I decided to give this a try.

The formula is made up of fine exfoliating particles and crushed garnet stones which work to remove dead skin cells, revealing a brighter and more radiant complexion. Along with that, it also boasts skin friendly ingredients like shea butter and Amazonian camu camu, which is rich in vitamin C. I take a generous amount of this and smooth it over my face when it's wet, and using circular motions I massage it into my skin for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.  It doesn't feel harsh or rough like many exfoliaters, the texture is really thick and creamy and even though you can feel the little grains from the crushed garnet stones, it still feels so lovely and gentle on the skin. In fact, I would say it's one of the most gentle exfoliaters I've ever used. The scent is very calming but zingy and the end result is glowy, fresh skin that's oh so soft and smooth to touch. 

I'm so happy I decided to pick this up; I've been using this twice a week for the last month now and I've noticed such an improvement in the texture and tone of my skin. My dull looking complexion looks revived and so much healthier and brighter with every use. I highly recommend you give this a try if your skin is looking a bit dull.

Have you tried this? 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm terrible at exfoliating my skin, but it always looks & feels so much better afterwards. This sounds like a great exfoliator, I'll definitely look out for it.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig